View My Stats

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Let's get WILD...

Wet and wild to be exact. Ok you guys remember wet and wild, you know that cheap makeup that your mom would buy you just because it was so cheap. For me, it was my first makeup! Well I haven't bought any in a LONG time, I had written it off as just cheap, no good makeup. Recently I heard that they had redone their formulas and were producing some decent products, so I decided to buy a few things and try them out. So, this is my little wet and wild makeup review. ( I got several nail polishes, but that's a different review for a different time.)
Here's what I got...
 They are a little dirty from being in my makeup bag, but it's one pallet of six, and one pallet of three, then three eye pencils.
The pallet of six is called : Pride - Cost: $4.99
The Pallet of three is called : Sweet as Candy - Cost - $2.99
The pencils are called : Turquoise, Cool Green, and Amethyst - 
Cost: $0.99 ea.






I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised by these products. I really think Wet n Wild has stepped up their game. First let's talk about the Pallet of six. Here are the swatches...
 Basically, in this one pallet you get two separate trios. There is a matte one on the left, and a shimmer one on the right. The matte colors are super pigmented. They go on very smooth and are very blendable. (my computer is telling me that blendable is not a word.... LIES!) Anyway, the first matte color is a sharp, cool, white, the swatch is one swipe! It makes a great contrast for the other two colors. The middle color is a matte teal that I LOVE and have found that it looks great with these other two, or just by itself. The third color, is a matte navy. I haven't really had a chance to really wear this color, because I feel like it will be best warn during the winter months. Not to mention I have this terrible fear of turning into Mimi from Drew Carrie the instant I put on blue eye shadow. Anywho, this color, like the other two, is super pigmented. My advice is be careful, start out small with these bold colors and then build up the color, trust me it won't take much!

Next are the Shimmers. The shimmers are the swatches on the bottom part of my hand. I took this picture hoping that the light would catch the shimmer, and make it standout a bit more. The colors are the same as the matte except.....shimmery! First the white. Now, I like this color as an inner corner highlight, or maybe even a brow highlight depending on the look. However, it takes a lot to build up the color. This pic is just with one swipe, and you can barely see it! I think that the shimmery green has to be my fav from this pallet. it kind of looks darker, and more olive, then teal with the shimmer. I love it. Then the navy is nice too....however, the same applies from the matte section. I'm going to try it when its cooler probably.
Alright next we have this lovely little trio called, Sweet as Candy. Here's the swatches...

Now, I love everything about this pallet, well almost everything. This whole trio is shimmery, so the white is the highlight, and it looks good in the inner corners, but I have to really be careful on the brow bone... it is so pigmented that it gets very clown like very quickly. That has to be the only complaint I have about this entire pallet. The crease color is a warm chocolatey brown that is the perfect contrast to the light shimmery pink that is the lid color. I have been wearing this pallet almost daily I love it so much. The longest I have had the color on is about 15 hours, and it was still lookin good. I have found however that it works a lot better with an eye primer. After about 12 hours it starts to crease a bit. The best part is that each pan has stamped in it where you should put the color!! So, even if you think you can't blend and mix color's this product makes it almost fool proof. (unless you can't read....then you need a friend to help you out.)
Ok so lastly we have the eye pencils.

 So, these are the pencils.They are great! They go on smooth, and stay put. These colors wear for 12 + hours. 

They are creamy, and glide on smooth. They work great by themselves, or as a base. They are very blendable. I have to say, the purple is my fav!!





So, I hope you guys found this helpful, and try some of these products out. They have TONS of colors, and I can't wait to get my hands on some more. I mean for that price.... really you can't beat it.
Jen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment