View My Stats

Monday, October 24, 2011

Beauty for LESS!!! NUMBER 1

Let us be honest.... the economy sucks! Ronnie Dunn says it best when he says "The cost of livings high, and going up" in his new hit song, The Cost of Living. So, what is a girl supposed to do to get her beauty ON in this economy? I have found several beauty solutions for less, without giving up some essential luxuries. This will be my first installment. I will break it up to save you guys from reading a huge long post.

First on the list, Facial primers. I swear by a facial primer! Not only does it fill in fine lines and wrinkles, but it also helps my makeup last longer, go on smoother, AND protects my face. I have less breakouts when using a facial primer, then when not. So, what's the best facial primer out there?

Smashbox photo finish facial primer. You can purchase this little tube online from Saphora, or at Ulta, and it will run you anywhere from $36-$49.
I know what you're thinking.... Jennifer, where is the cheaper part?! What is in this tube? LIQUID GOLD???? At least that's what I'm thinking....and the answer is no, it is not liquid gold. The active ingredient in this facial primer is Dimethicone 1.2%. Dimethicone is a silicone based compound, and the most widely used organic base in skin protectant.


Now for the cheaper part. Here's what I use, the exact dup. (dup = duplicate) for the Smashbox Primer, and you won't find it in the face section of your drug store....think lower...

Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel. You can purchase this little tube in any drug store, Wal-Mart, Target, etc... in the feminine care isle, and it will run you anywhere from $5-$8!!!! Now that's a BIG difference.
OK, I know what you're thinking.....Ewwww.... Jennifer I am NOT putting VAG cream on my face! And the answer to that is... no, you are not. Yes, it is made by the same people that make the magical cream to ease the fire down under, however, this is NOT used to treat YEAST. It is used as a skin protectant with the active ingredient being.... you guessed it Dimethicone 1.2%. It is sold in this special isle because it is a chafing gel, and if you don't know what chafing is.... well obviously your thighs don't rub together and you have never experienced it.... LUCKY! Anywho, what I'm trying to tell you is that it's the same thing as the smashbox primer, only called something different and much CHEAPER!
  Here is my tube, just to prove it to you! I use it everyday as a base to my makeup. It's fantastic.



I comes out clear, in gel form. (Here's some free advertising for Courtney Robbins Photography... she's excellent! Check her out on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/#!/Courtney.Robbins.Photography)
And drys clear, with a smooth powdery finish, that is not greasy, or drying. It is also fragrance free. It smooths lines and wrinkles, and large pores which makes your makeup glide on, and leaves it on top of the skin where it belongs, instead of  settling into the cracks and crevasses.
I hope you guys find this helpful. Stay tuned for more beauty for less posts. 
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment