View My Stats

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Product Match-up - Eyeshadow primers!



This is a product match-up. In a product match-up I'm going to put two products to the test, side by side, and tell you which one I think has preformed better. In this Match-up we will be putting two eyeshadow primers head to head; the E.L.F eye primer VS. The Urban Decay Primer Potion.
The Cost....



 $1.00
                                                                 VS.


                                                                                             $18.00







First, let me tell you a little bit about an eye primer. The idea is that they will smooth out the surface of your eyelid, and act like a skin protector. Not only protecting your skin from the oil of the makeup, but protecting your makeup from the oil of your skin! So, this basically means, your eyeshadow will last longer, and crease less with a primer. Urban Decay Primer Potion is supposed to be one of the best on the market! ( I have to admit I was pretty stoked to get it) I have always used the E.L.F brand one and been satisfied. So, I decided to put them side by side and see how they really preform.

So, here I am with NO makeup.
Oooo.... skin discoloration!







And now with foundation, and concealer.







Ok, So I'm going to put the Urban Decay Primer Potion on my left eyelid, and the E.L.F Eye Primer on my right eyelid.









They both have a very similar applicator. The spongy, foot type applicator. They both apply with a liquid texture, and a beige color.









They both leave a silky texture to the skin, with a matte finish. So far they are very similar. Now, lets put on some eyeshadow.




So, here's with a bit of makeup on, the time is, 1600 (4pm). I feel like these products are very similar. However, it does seem like initally the Left eye, or the Urban Decay side has more of a matte finish. The right side seems a bit shinny.

I decided that to be able to put these two products to work, to really match them up head to head that I would have to wear them to the place that I am the hardest on my makeup.... Work. So ready I got, and off to a 12 hour night shift I went...


Time to GO!








So, here we are around 2100 (9pm; 5 hours in) both seem to be holding up pretty well. (sorry for the toilet in the back ground.. lol that's classy) No creasing, no clumping, and the left is still just a smudge more matte then the other.



Ok, here we are about 0200 (2am; 10 hours in) the left pic is the Urban Decay side, and the right is the E.L.F side. As you can see, we have some creasing on the right side, and just a small bit on the left. It will be interesting to see how this comes out.


And finally, here we are at 0900 (9am; 17 hours from the time I put the makeup on) as you can CLEARLY tell they are both creased. It almost looks like however, that the E.L.F side is less creased then the Urban Decay side.

So, my opinion is.... There is no denying that Urban Decay has a great primer, it stayed with a matte finish even after creasing. E.L.F creased quicker, however, when Urban Decay finally creased.... It went all out! LOL. After 17 hours, I'm pretty sure that ANYTHING is going to crease. For the price difference though, I'm still all about the E.L.F primer for everyday, I believe it stood up to the challenge. Perhaps I will save the Urban Decay for special occasions. I hope this helps you guys. If you have tried either of these products let me know what you think, or if you have tried a different brand that you think might preform better let me know! Also, if there are any products that you would like to see go head to head in a Product Match-up let me know!
Jen




No comments:

Post a Comment